Reflection

After these past 8 weeks my attitude towards blogs have changed, I see them more as web activism than just diaries or journals. The way that blogs differ from one person to another shows that feminists and feminist agendas differ. I know that many people have misconceptions about feminists, either thinking that they are radical extremists, hate men, burn bras, etc. Blogs offer people the opportunity to see feminism from different points of view and let them clear up those misconceptions that they may have. I think blogs have as much cultural and political activism as newspapers and journals do. Blogs are more easily accessible than newspapers and journals because they are always online and giving feedback is much quicker and less troublesome. The Future of gender and blogging is looking great, more and more blogs focus on gender and transgendered issues which gives people more insight into gender issues. If the blog is written by a transgendered person it gives the reader a personal insight into what it's like to be transgendered. A personal point of view is more more interesting than a psychological experiment or a journal article.

Web 2.0 may greatly contribute greatly into the rise of feminism. As more and more blog readers become interested and eventually become feminists, more feminist blogs will be created. This could result in more feminists and feminism will continue to grow and and spread.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say that it was very interesting to read your different perspectives on the variety of issues we covered this semester. I enjoyed watching the youtube videos. I think multi-media is a good thing to put on blogs. Your opinion never changed on issues and you always explained yourself. I enjoyed your blog this semester.

-lisa said...

i agree...i think with blogs its so much easier to access information about all kinds of gender issues....and its more comfortable than going to barnes and noble freeloading off the magazine rack...haha...

Anonymous said...

Especially enjoyed posts like "Are your lady parts pretty enough." Also seconding those who liked the youtube videos.

Your posts were clear and well-thought out. I enjoyed reading.

Anonymous said...

Blanca,

First thanks for the comment on my blog about my work and relationship stuff. I felt much better.
I agree what you said on your reflection, but I have to be really honest with you that I did not read all of them. Instead, I watched most your youtube vids, what can I say, I like moving pictures more than text. I know, that is super sad, right?
Just one more question though, are you still going to keep your blog after this class? I just think that your blog is a really cool blog and I seriously hope that you can keep writing it.

Melanie said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I enjoyed your blog, you were very creative with your blog. You had alot of topics on your blog and I enjoyed reading some of them.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. You provided the clips and that was great. I think in the beginning, it seemed like your posts were interesting topics, but I didn't get to read YOUR thoughts about it. But I think it changed later. My last few posts were like "Hey, this is neat. Go check it out!" Sometimes it's hard to find the right thing to say. But I think it is important in blogging. And I'm saying this to critique my own work.
Keep it up!

T-ALL-A said...

I wanted to say thank you for your blog. You have provided alot of great feelings and thoughts about a number of different issues that are plaguing women in today's media. I hope that you continue to blog after this class is over... we need more strong voices out there on the web.

-lisa said...

i <3 videos!

lol....

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed that you added videos to you posts.

your insights gave me more to think about

-D

Anonymous said...

It is never too late to learn. ..................................................

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Ramblings of a Wild-Haired Feminist Heathen