The Distortion of Beauty (Signs and Wonders 4)



I'm very happy to see Dove's real beauty campaigns and this video made me like them even more. I knew that pictures of models were photoshopped, but not to this extent. They also show real life women in their underwear so that young girls don't realize that all women on TV are victoria Secret angels. They also show older women, and I think that those ads are beautiful! I give Dove two thumbs up for posting real beauty, real bodies and real people in their advertisements. I'm sick and tired of all of the fake ads, all of the ads targeted to young men. Why do we have to feel fat, flat chested or ugly just so that they can market beer to guys?

1 comment:

T-ALL-A said...

YES!!!

I came across this video and I thought that it was amazing. There are so many young girls in today's society that are killing themselves to try to live up to the ideals that are seen in magazines/advertisements. I too and very happy that Dove is stepping up to the plate and offering a little insight to how that models looks the way she does.

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Ramblings of a Wild-Haired Feminist Heathen